The 2.5hp 4-stroke is portable and powerful. Plus, with features such as the throttle grip on the steering handle, forward neutral shift and the 360 degree pivot steering, maneuvering out on the water has never been easier. In addition, the convenient carrying handle adds to the engine’s portability. With these features, it’s no wonder Tohatsu engines are ahead of the competition when it comes to this class.
The 2.5 hp Tohatsu 4-stroke is the perfect outboard for a small canoe, dingy, or sailboat. This compact outboard has the largest displacement block in its class, giving you the utmost power in a small package.
Tohatsu 2.5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
- Water cooled and thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Digital CD ignition system for easier starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Forward-neutral shifting with 360° steering
- Easy to check oil level gauge indicator located on the engine's side
- Light and compact
- Convenient carrying handle
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Free Shiping
|Model / MFS2.5|
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||2.5 hp (1.8 kw)|
|Displacement||85.5 cc (5.2 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||55 x 36 mm (2.17 x 1.42 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral|
|Propeller Selection Range||4.5" - 7"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil**
SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
|Oil Capacity||10 fl. oz. (300 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||0.26 US Gal. (1 Lit.) Integral Tank|
|Weight*||41 lbs. (18.4 kg)|
|Max. RPM Range||4,500 - 5,500|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
O......Optional on Certain Models
* Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
** FC-W® is a registered trademark of the National Marine Manufacturers Assoc. (NMMA)
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.